Greenwood Leflore Hospital is a publicly-owned healthcare organization. The Hospital was established in 1906 by the King’s Daughters’ Society with the help of the City of Greenwood and Leflore County. By 1952, GLH had moved into its third home which it continues to occupy at 1401 River Road. Today, GLH is a 208 bed facility that is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The hospital employs 950 people making it the largest employer in Leflore County.
Originating in a converted mansion, Greenwood Leflore Hospital has evolved into a regional hub of healthcare services for North Central Mississippi. Greenwood Leflore has continually upgraded facilities and technology and recruited highly skilled medical professionals to provide advanced care with compassion. The 208-bed hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations and offers a full complement of medical and surgical care capabilities across its five-county network of clinics.